Call us on +44 (0) 1372 800605
Experience880 tunable audio cable
"...it’s not a tone control, but instead, it takes a good system and fine-tunes it to perfection." HiFi+ Interconnect cable of the year 2019
- Experience880- improved conductor design, revealing cutting edge levels of detail and dynamics within a musical framework.
- Unique, hand-built, tunable, REDpurl™ Adaptive Geometry.
- Asymmetric, intersecting, non-parallel conductors address challenges of crosstalk, capacitance and harmonic modes.
- PTFE-insulated, silver-plated copper conductors.
- Three different conductor gauges fully reproduce tonal and dynamic colour across the music spectrum.
- Tuning, using spacers at individual cable loops, allows better matching of audio components creating the music that connects with you.
- Geometry: REDpurl™
- Conductors: Silver-plated copper
- Conductor formation: Multi-stranded
- Capacitance: 69pF/m (non-tuned)
- Inductance 10KHz: 0.54uH/m
- Conductor diameter: 16-22 AWG
- Insulation: PTFE
- RFI rejection: Modified twisted pair
- Shielding: N/A
- Directionality: Directional
- Termination: KLE Copper Harmony
"I'm a natural cable sceptic, but one of the most impressive dems at NWAS was carried out by @WireOnWire . Differences clear!!" Stuart Smith, HifiPig.
"Happily I can report that the Wire on Wire spacers [with the Experience880] do work and create worthwhile differences between the various versions I tried." Review by Paul Messenger, Editor, HiFi Critic. (Review contains incorrect photo)
"If you 'Experience' what a tunable cable can do in a system, there just might be no turning back". Review by Alan Sircom, Editor, HiFi+, July 2019.
Fine-tuning your system's performance
To help you get the best out of your system we suggest you explore these tuning references for our interconnect and speaker cables, which you can then modify at home according to personal taste and system requirements.
Paul Messenger in his article above used cables that we had tuned in our workshop with fixed spacers in red heat-shrink (Studio) and gold (Stage). Contact us if you would like us to set up your cables in this way. Should you wish to re-tune your cables at home you can remove the protective heat-shrink and alter the positions of the spacers.
You can audition any of our cables at home using our 60 day money back guarantee. We are confident enough in the performance of our cables to be able to offer our customers a 60-day money back guarantee, which means if you are not completely satisfied you can send the cable back for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. See full terms and conditions on returning products. (See FAQ for further details)