Experience880 RCA tunable hifi audio cable
“…Wire on Wire cable allows you to zone in on addressing that [performance] shortfall without either tampering with the sound elsewhere, or having to work through a store’s worth of expensive ‘almost’ cables in order to let your system find its mojo.” Alan Sircom, HiFi+ Interconnect cable of the year 2019
The Experience880 tunable hifi audio cable has been designed and hand-built by Wire On Wire in Britain, and has been specified without compromise after extensive listening tests. A new bespoke conductor within its REDpurl™ Adaptive Geometry brings levels of clarity and neutrality to new highs, whilst maintaining a deeply musical presentation.
All our cables are designed from the very beginning for audiophile levels of music reproduction but they also have the advantage of allowing the audio cable’s electrical characteristics to be fine-tuned to suit different HiFi components.
Tuning is achieved by inserting small 'spacers' into specified loop positions as shown above. These 'spacers' are made from a high-end material that also reduces vibration in the audio cable.
Our tunable audio cables are not tone controls but address areas of performance found in hifi systems that can fall short due to mis-matched connections such as mid-band clarity, top-end air, soundstage size and precision, bass weight and warmth.
- Audiophile design using our patented REDpurl™ Tunable Adaptive Geometry
- High quality PTFE-insulated, silver-plated copper conductors used throughout
- Modified conductor configuration for increased transparency
- Fine-tuning between audio components for the highest performance
- Asymmetric, intersecting, non-parallel conductors address challenges of crosstalk, capacitance and harmonic modes
- Three conductor gauges fully reproduce tonal and dynamic colour across the music spectrum
- Tuning spacers made of high-damping material to reduce resonance and vibration.
- Audiophile, KLE Copper Harmony, silver-plated copper, RCA connectors.
- Designed and hand-built in Britain
The REDpurl™ Adaptive Geometry with its open loop design makes it easy for the user to achieve the sound they want, when it comes to exploring the full potential of their audio system.
The flexibility of the design to adapt to future changes in equipment and room conditions also does away with the wasteful need to manufacture an array of different interconnects.
Explore these ideas further with our series of articles entitled ‘What do the best audio cables sound like?’
“I’m a natural cable sceptic, but one of the most impressive dems at NWAS was carried out by @WireOnWire. Differences clear!!” Stuart Smith, HifiPig.
“Happily I can report that the Wire on Wire spacers [with the Experience880] do work and create worthwhile differences between the various versions I tried.” Review Paul Messenger Editor HiFi Critic (Review contains incorrect photo)
“If you ‘Experience’ what a tunable cable can do in a system, there just might be no turning back.” Review Alan Sircom HiFi+ July 2019
Fine-tuning your audio components
To help you get the best out of your system we suggest you explore these tuning ideas at home, which you can then modify or ignore according to personal taste and system requirements.
- Geometry: REDpurl™
- Conductors: Silver-plated copper
- Conductor formation: Multi-stranded
- Capacitance: 69pF/m (non-tuned)
- Inductance 10KHz: 0.54uH/m
- Conductor diameter: 16-22 AWG
- Insulation: PTFE
- RFI rejection: Modified twisted pair
- Shielding: N/A
- Directionality: Directional
- Termination: KLE Copper Harmony
Paul Messenger in his article above used cables that we had tuned in our workshop with fixed spacers in red heat-shrink (Studio) and gold (Stage). Contact us if you would like us to set up your cables in this way. Should you wish to re-tune your cables at home you can remove the protective heat-shrink and alter the positions of the spacers.
You can audition any of our cables at home using our 60 day money back guarantee. We are confident enough in the performance of our cables to be able to offer our customers a 60-day money back guarantee, which means if you are not completely satisfied you can send the cable back for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. See full terms and conditions on returning products. (See FAQ for further details)